My name is Jerome Stoel (1967) and have a practice in body-oriented trauma therapy, for people who want to heal from childhood trauma and thereby achieve inner peace and tranquility. I have been working independently as a trainer and therapist since 2003, both with groups and individuals. I have worked as an NLP trainer since 2003, 10 years and since 2013 as a Mindfulness MBSR trainer and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner. In addition, I’m facilitating vipassana silence retreats.
I am working as a body oriented trauma therapist to treat people with disorders caused by traumatic events; (complex) PTSD, attachment issues and dissociative disorders, such as DID and OSDS.
It has always been my vision that trauma can be treated by making use of different therapy approaches: psychology, physiology and neurology, relationships and spirituality. Body and mind are connected. Physical health problems are often associated with mental health problems and vice versa. Therefore I am working with different disciplines; Somatic Experiencing, Mindfulness, Neurofeedback, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), PNEI (Psycho-Neuro-Endocrino-Immunology) and Attachment Theory.
I believe healing can only take place when you feel safe and secure, and that safety results from kindness, structural overview and transparency. It is also my belief that healing requires effort and commitment. Therefore what you can expect from me is a gentle approach with a clear framework in which I expect your commitment to develop yourself optimally. During the process, when I am connected to you, I can sometimes feel the same vulnerability as you. But instead of suppressing this feeling, I will make use of it in order to support the process. This will create a human-to-human contact in which you can be yourself and can grow.
I’m working under continuous supervision of professionals:
- HeelZorg for the target group (c)PTSD and dissociative disorders.
- Renate Geuzinge (IPNB) for the target group (c)PTSD, DID and OSDD.
- Maud Berens for Somatic Experiencing.
- VCT – PostMaster HBO – Training in the treatment of adults with a history of Early Childhood Chronic Traumatization and symptoms and complaints of Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Complex Dissociative Disorders and or Attachment Disorders. This course educates psychological healthcare professionals with the latest knowledge about and applications for these problems as used in the Top Reference Trauma Centres (TRTC) Top Reference Trauma Centres (TRTC) in the Netherlands. I am following this education program at the Centre for Late Effects of Early Childhood Traumatization (CELEVT) from March 2020 till April 20121.
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (Peter Levine) – I followed this 3-year training in body oriented trauma treatment at Somatic Experiencing Netherlands from 2016 – 2019.
- Bachelor of Psychosocial Basic Knowledge CPION – This legally required training makes it possible for my sessions to be (partly) reimbursed through the additional package of most health insurers in The Netherlands.
- Certified Mindfulness MBSR trainer (cat. 1) – In the period of 2013 – 2017 I have completed the complete mindfulness MBSR / MBCT trainer training at the Mindfulness Centre in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This gives me a category 1 membership with the Dutch professional association VMBN, so my training is reimbursed by insurance companies in The Netherlands.
- Certified Neurofeedback therapist – Neurofeedback trains the brain to function better, reducing complaints and symptoms and sometimes even disappearing. I followed this training at Neurotherapy Center Hilversum from 2008 – 2010. Since completing the training I apply it in my practice. For the first two years I worked on behalf of the UWV ziektewet (Employee Insurance Agency). The people I saw were people with serious mental/emotional problems, such as burn out, trauma, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Internationally certified NLP trainer – NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) is a method that leads to insight and change with more personal effectiveness, flexible communication and changes in thinking and doing. In the Netherlands I was trained at Linn, at Arcturus in Belgium and in The UK at The Performance Partnership. After my certification I was owner of Mindfactory, an institute in NLP training from 2003 – 2013. I trained an average of 6 groups a year to become an NLP practitioner, master practitioner and postmaster practitioner.
- Transpersonal Coach and Counselor – I followed this two-year course in Belgium at Arcturus. After this I assisted for two years and after that I followed another head year. This is a very broad in-depth training postmaster NLP in which developmental psychology, Spiral Dynamics and NLP are central topics in this training.
- PNEI (Psycho-Neuro-Endocrino-Immunology) – PNEI is the medical science that investigates relationships and makes connections between brain, nervous system, immune system and hormones. I followed this training in 2011 Cell Care and apply this knowledge in my work.
- And professional trainings and workshops: 3 years Heart & Sexuality training (BodyMind Trainings), EMDR, Bio-feedback (heart coherence), Systemic work (family constellations) as part of the TCC training, Transactional analysis, Hypnotherapy, Basic medical knowledge, Quantum Psychology, Emotional Bodywork, etc.
- Bewust Vrij Mindfulness & Therapy (2012 – today) – As owner of Bewust Vrij I facilitate trainings and retreats in Mindfulness and Vipassana meditation.
- Mahasi Sayadaw Foundation Netherlands (2019 – today) – As a board member of the Mahasi Sayadaw Foundation Netherlands I assist in the 10-day vipassana retreats according to the method of Mahasi Sayadaw.
- Medisch Kwartier Naarden Vesting (2015 – present) – I work as an independent trauma therapist in the multidisciplinary team of the Medisch Kwartier Naarden Vesting (MKNV). Here we look at care and patients in a slightly different way. We take time to find the cause of your complaint. Fighting the complaint is usually only temporary, we strive for structural solutions so that you feel really fit again.
- Het Verdwenen Zelf (2015 – today) – As an independent trauma therapist I am affiliated with Het Verdwenen Zelf. This network organization of about 25 therapists throughout the Netherlands focuses on helping victims of emotional and psychological abuse. Through targeted information, two books, therapy and workshops we try to give more insight into the consequences of narcissistic abuse and to make it more widely known.
- Mindfactory NLP Opleidingen (2003 – 2013) Founder and owner of training institute in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), accredited by the Dutch Association of NLP (NVNLP) and the American Board of NLP (ABNLP).
If you want know more about my professional knowledge, experience and references, feel welcome to connect with me by LinkedIn.
I practice mindfulness and vipassana meditation daily. I also participate in annual 10-60-day retreats in Europe and Southeast Asia. My last long retreat of 60 days in Burma I’ve followed in the winter of 2018/2019.